Certain cancers are called hormone sensitive or hormone dependent. Hormone therapy uses drugs that either stop the body producing hormones or prevent hormones from making the cancer cells grow and divide. Cancers that can be hormone sensitive include breast, prostate, womb and kidney cancers.« Back to Glossary Index
This website has information to help you:
• Understand more about how cancer
treatments may cause fertility problems in
• Understand more about how women with
cancer can preserve their fertility, before
starting cancer treatment.
• Understand which options to preserve
fertility may fit best into your life.
• Understand family planning decisions
during and after cancer treatment.
This booklet may be helpful to you if:
• You have recently been diagnosed with cancer.
• You may want to become pregnant and
try to have a child in the future after your cancer treatment has been completed.
• You would like more information to help you make a decision about fertility preservation.