Questions to ask your cancer care team or GP
The following questions may help you talk with your cancer care team or GP about family planning after cancer treatment:
- How will I know if I am fertile after cancer treatment?
- How long before I will know if I am fertile?
- Are there any tests that I can take to check if I am still fertile after cancer treatment?
- Would a future pregnancy affect the chances of the cancer coming back?
- Assuming I can still have children, how long after treatment should I wait?
- If I become pregnant after treatment for cancer, will my child have a higher chance of getting cancer?
- If I didn’t preserve my fertility before treatment, do I still have options?
- Would using any fertility preservation option affect my chances of the cancer coming back?