The practice by which a woman (called a surrogate mother) becomes pregnant and gives birth to a baby in order to give it to someone who cannot have children.« Back to Glossary Index
This website has information to help you:
• Understand more about how cancer
treatments may cause fertility problems in
• Understand more about how women with
cancer can preserve their fertility, before
starting cancer treatment.
• Understand which options to preserve
fertility may fit best into your life.
• Understand family planning decisions
during and after cancer treatment.
This booklet may be helpful to you if:
• You have recently been diagnosed with cancer.
• You may want to become pregnant and
try to have a child in the future after your cancer treatment has been completed.
• You would like more information to help you make a decision about fertility preservation.